The safety and welfare of students shall be a primary consideration in matters pertaining to student transportation. The policies that govern the conduct of students are written in the Student and Family Handbook and posted on the CEC Network School website.
These policies and rules apply during all phases of a student’s transportation provided by Colorado Early Colleges. This shall include, but is not limited to, in or on any school bus and at any school bus stop. In addition, these regulations apply regardless of whether the student is being transported to or from school, to or from a field trip.
Rules and Regulations
Prior to departure and Loading students will:
- Be on time to the designated bus stop
- Stay off of the road at all times while waiting for the bus
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter
- Respect people and their property while waiting for the bus
- Receive proper school official authorization to be discharged at other places than your regular bus stop
- After leaving the bus, cross at a designated street crossing where possible. If a designated street crossing is not available, walk 10 feet in front of the bus and wait until our driver ensures that it is safe and instructs you to cross. Do not cross behind the bus.
While on the bus, students will:
- Follow all instructions from the school bus driver.
- Fighting/Hitting/Spitting is prohibited
- Students must remain in their seats and remain seated at all times while the bus is moving
- Keep all parts of the body and belongings inside the bus
- Refrain from eating or drinking on the bus
- Throwing objects is not permitted
- Never tamper with or damage the bus or any of its equipment, this includes vandalizing
- Profanity/Vulgarity/Harassment/Intimidation to the bus driver or other students will not be tolerated.
- Remain quiet when approaching a railroad crossing
- Remain in the bus during road emergencies except when it may be hazardous to their safety.
- Keep aisles free of any objects at all times (backpacks, carry-on items)
- Controlled substances or drugs are prohibited by law.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited including fireworks